By entering the competition, you are supporting a unique community collaboration to produce a free calendar for LGBTIQA+ communities and support services! But first, the important stuff…
- Orientation: Only images of landscape orientation will be accepted. Photos in portrait orientation are harder to use within a calendar so we request that you submit images with a landscape orientation.
- Format: TIFF or PNG file formats are preferred. Only use high quality JPEG if you cannot work in these other file formats.
- Image size: Entries will be printed at A4 size for the calendar and larger for the exhibition where resolution allows. Please ensure your photograph can comfortably be printed this size. Check this link to help calculate the maximum photo size.
- Resolution: Images must be at least 300 dpi. A camera of 8-10 megapixels will take an okay photo, but 11 megapixels or more is best for the desired print size needed for the exhibition.
- File name: Remember to label any images as requested (see below in submission details) to make the process much smoother and easier for us to identify your image.
If you don’t have a camera, this is not a problem! Photos taken on your phone can be submitted. However, if it’s not adequate quality to print it will cannot be included in the calendar or exhibition.
- This competition is open to people of all ages residing in Australia.
- The photo you submit must be taken by you OR you must be the subject.
- You must either be LGBTIQA+ or significantly connected with the community.
- Photos taken previously by the applicant can be used if they meet the theme and other criteria.
See the Terms and Conditions for more details.
- COMPETITION DEADLINE: Keep an eye out for the 2022 photography competition.
- All images must be named in the following format: ‘surname_initial_photo name’ (ie Canario_K_Pancakes).
- All photos must be submitted with the completed online entry form and Model Release form if applicable.
- Entries must be submitted in a digital format by uploading it to the online entry form.
If you have any trouble completing/submitting the forms please contact the Rainbow Calendar Project Team.